Popular skiing resorts in Finnish Lapland
The most popular skiing resorts in Finnish Lapland are:
- Levy at a distance of 20 km from the airport Kitty,Western Lapland;
- Luosto to the north of the Arctic Circle, in national park Pyuhatunturi, Central Lapland;
- Muonio (Olos-Pallas) near the border with Sweden, in national park Pallas-Ounastunturi, Western Lapland;
- Ounasvaara at a distance of10 km from Rovaniemi, Central Lapland;
- Pyuhya at a distance of 53 kilometers to the north of the Arctic Circle, in national park Pyuhatunturi, Central Lapland;
- Rovaniemi, Central Lapland;
- Saariselka close by national Park Urho Kekkonen, Northern Lapland;
- Salla at a distance of 10 km from the village Salla, Eastern Lapland;
- Yulitornio-Evertornio at the Arctic Circle, Western Lapland;
- Yllas near the border with Sweden, Western Lapland.
The highness of the longest slope
- 3000 m – Yllas
- 2500 m – Levy
- 2400 m - Pallas (Muonio)
- 1800 m – Pyuhya
- 1600 m – Luosto
- 1500 m - Yulitornio-Evertornio
- 1400 m - Olos (Muonio)
- 1300 m - Saariselka, Salla
- 820 m - Ounasvaara, Rovaniemi
Maximum heights overfall
- 463 m – Yllas
- 340 m - Pallas (Muonio)
- 325 m – Levy
- 280 m – Pyuhya
- 234 m – Luosto
- 230 m - Salla, Yulitornio-Evertornio
- 210 m - Olos (Muonio)
- 180 m – Saariselka
- 160 m – Rovaniemi
- 140 m – Ounasvaara
- from October, 1 to June - Muonio (Olos-Pallas)
- from October, 20 to May, 10 – Saariselka
- from October, 29 to May, 2 – Yllas
- from November, 1 to May, 15 – Levy
- from November, 1 to May - Luosto, Pyuhya
- from November, 1 to April, 30 - Yulitornio-Evertornio
- from November, 20 to April, 20 - Rovaniemi, Salla, Ounasvaara
The number of skiing slopes
- 47 – Levy
- 43 – Yllas
- 10 - Olos (Muonio), Pyuhya, Salla
- 9 - Ounasvaara, Pallas (Muonio)
- 8 - Luosto
- 7 - Rovaniemi, Yulitornio-Evertornio
Possible excursions nearby the skiing resorts in Finnish Lapland
- Levy - the village of Santa Claus in Rovaniemi, the estate of Lappish painter Haydar Syaresteniemi “Syareste”, the Center ofArt and chamber music, deer and dogs farms, etc.
- Luosto - Amethyst mine, the program “Saami parties” (acquaintance with the traditional culture of Lapland), National Park Pyuhatunturi, the village of Santa Claus, Santa-Park, the Arctic Circle, Northern Lights, etc.
- Muonio (Olos –Pallas) - National Park Pallas- Ounastunturi, idyllic village Tauras-Sieppi, wind power stations, the Arctic Centre of sled dogs, a planetarium “Aurora Borealis”, etc.
- Ounasvaara – “Arktikum”, the village of Santa Claus, the factory of Finnish knives, Art Museum in Rovaniemi, Lappia Palace, Santa-Park, the Arctic Circle, etc.
- Pyuhya - National Park Pyuhatunturi, Nature Center in National Park Urho Kekkonen, “the village of gold diggers” Tankvaara, the museum of regional in Sodankyla, amethyst caves, etc.
- Rovaniemi - Museum “Arktikum”, Art Museum, Zoo “Ranua”, Amethyst mine, the residence of Santa Claus, Santa-Park, dog-breeding and deer farming, Northern Lights, the Arctic Circle, etc.
- Saariselka – the settlement of gold diggers Tankavaara (30 km), the Museum of miners, exhibition “ the World of Gold”, traditional Lappish houses - igloo, the annual celebration of culture in Lapland, National Park Urho Kekkonen, etc.
- Salla - the House of Nature in Hautayarvi, Salla church, military and historical monuments, “Deer Park” (3 km), National Park Oulanka, the village of Santa Claus at the Arctic Circle, Santa-Park in Rovaniemi (150 km), etc.
- Yulitornio-Evertornio - the House of tsar, estate Kristinestrem, museum in the open air “Dryanglyangan”, a cave with rock paintings “Luppoyvaara”, village Aavasaksa etc.
- Yllas - Lake “Lapland Hell”, winery, sheep farm, the exhibition of fine art “Snow butterfly”, folk festivals and fairs nearby Kolari etc.