Safari “quick as the wind” by snowmobile is one of the amusing choices for winter holidays. This is a simple and entertaining pastime, which dispenses a special care and the establishing of spiritual contact as during safaris by dogs and deer.
Driving a snowmobile in Finland
All comers upwards 15 years old with no obvious signs of alcohol are permitted to driving a snowmobile in Finland. You can even put the children in front of yourselves.
The kinds of snowmobile safari in Finland
You will be offered the different kinds of snowmobile safari on the whole territory of Finland: from short walks to the long trips of different complexity. They provide the detailed instructions for driving as well as the complete equipment and support. There are special trails for driving snowmobiles at many resorts and tourist centers: of the plains, on the hills and skiing slopes.
Routes for snowmobile safari in Finland
There are different routes for snowmobile safari for your choice in Finland:
- 1-day at a distance of 50-100 km at the resort Saariselka;
- 60 km nearby Saariyarvi (approx. 4 hours);
- the shorter one - 1.5 hours – at the resort Himos;
- safari for beginners (15 km) in Kuopio;
- 3-days of “survival” (300 km) along the preserve of wildlife Metsyakartano at the resort Tahko;
- to Snow Castle in Lapland or on the hills, etc.
Snowmobile safari among the vast expanses of untouched Finnish nature is a real adventure far away from the city vanity, a wonderful recreation for your body and soul.